[Phys-L] quantum dots

We bought a quantum dot demo kit from Ward Scientific.
https://www.wardsci.com/store/product/18800022/cenco-quantum-dots-uniform-particle-size

…but we’re confused by the instructions which seem to have been written by a non-English-speaker.

One paragraph says “For this specific Quantum Dot kit, the sizes of each of the quantum dots are the _same_size_ in each vial, the main difference is due to the gradient concentration. The nanocrystals have a ZnS outer shell with a CdSeS core. As the density of one increases while the other decrease, the wavelength varies; however the overall diameter remains constant.”

The next paragraph says “Using an LED close to 400 nm illuminate each vial so the class can see the emanations from each. Explain to the class that the vials all contain the same solution; the only difference between them is the physical size of the quantum dots contained in each.”

Can anyone sort this out for us? We are not quantum dot experts.

What can we do with the kit in class? Anything beside showing that the blue/violet laser (405 nm) makes them glow brightly and other lasers don’t?

The safety data sheet is much longer than the instructions.

Thanks,
Larry