Re: [Phys-L] Current or Voltage is the thing that kills?

On 2018/Dec/18, at 15:14, Dan MacIsaac via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

Way oversimplified. I’d go with “power dissipation over what part of your anatomy” to even start to capture the nuances.

Dan M

Exactly! I’ve a VT oscillator w/ a jillion turns ratio transformer, which produces long arcs (six? inch) to me. So, Dan Mac’s post covers “skin” effect.

bc is careful to ensure he’s holding a gud conductor to prevent burned flesh. (Once was enuf.)