Re: [Phys-L] uncertainty principle .... was: ground-state energies

On 11/4/2018 8:14 PM, John Denker via Phys-l wrote /in part/:
Planck's constant is also called _the quantum of action_ .
Action means area in phase space.

I cringe whenever somebody says that quantum mechanics
says energy is quantized in units of ℏ ... because
energy is not quantized, and ℏ doesn't even have units
of energy. It has units of action i.e. momentum times
distance aka energy times time.
It seems that John is not the only one cringing presently?
My elementary kinematics insights do not equate
m.v.s and m.v^2 / 2

Brian W