Re: [Phys-L] sig figs versus rational numbers

On 09/12/2017 11:15 AM, Paul Nord wrote:

Is there a math-l ?

A while ago, one of the folks on this list remarked on the amount
of time he had to spend teaching remedial math. He said that some
of his students were not sure whether (x minus x) was equal to zero.

I'm not sure what is the best way to handle it. The following
is almost certainly NOT the right way:
Q: Are you sure that x minus x is zero?