Re: [Phys-L] uncertainty on the uncertainty

On 07/06/2017 04:02 AM, Peter Schoch wrote:
3. I do expect them to then compare their average ± the standard error
to an accepted value (if possible) or to analyze the results; i.e., what if
the error is artificially low? What could have caused that? Is the sample
size unreasonably small?
Not sure where I got this from, many years ago; possibly a chemistry tutor: when you have no idea how many samples would constitute a reasonable number, take at least 18 samples :-)

Brian W