- Could have been my own father, born in 1903, for all I knew - he a
mechanical and electromechanical type.
Bill Norwood, U of MD at College Park

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Don via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org>
wrote:

Many thanks to Chuck Britton for providing the URL to the March 1912 issue
of Popular Mechanics. I read my father's copy of Popular Mechanics (as
well
as Popular Science) as a boy and didn't realize that the magazine was
published so long ago (turns our January 1902 for Popular Mechanics first
issue and May 1882 for Popular Science first issue). The 1912 coal burning
article was interesting but the other "up-to-date" articles on airplanes,
dirigibles, electricity, etc. were fascinating as were some of the ads
(little changed from my boyhood in the 50's) for correspondence schools and
prankster equipment (e.g. label pin shooting water into looker's face)

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Chuck
Britton
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2017 9:41 AM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Cc: nancy ann seese <nancyseese@redshift.com>
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] So, ... not new

Original article from Popular Mechanics in the previous year -
https://books.google.com/books?id=Tt4DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA341&lpg=PA34
1&dq=this+tends+to+make+the+air+a+more+effective+blanket+for+the+e
arth&source=bl&ots=QvdH-
SgFLl&sig=WiPUNOIzM6udOSTBm2VXzRQB9K8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEw
jQq8apj_bPAhUa3YMKHfCZDLQQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q&f=false
On Jun 11, 2017, at 4:10 PM, bernard cleyet <bernard@cleyet.org>