Re: [Phys-L] Commentary on teaching in Physics Today

Antti,
- I just read it, and found it inspiring.
- I was one of those students who could not memorize anything unless I
fully understood it.
- That did improve my depth of thinking, and resulted in my living a life
of applying the physics I had studied to an unusual number of aspects of
that life.
- But, it did not serve me well grades-wise, and prevented career
opportunities where more of my ability could have been used sooner.
- So, where is the proof that persons educated in Feynman's manner, indeed
did perform better in their careers?
- For all I know the proof may be abundant, but I do not see it hinted at
in this student's paper.
Bill Norwood, U of MD at College Park

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 6:04 AM, antti.j.savinainen via Phys-l <