[Phys-L] eratosthenes

Hi All,

I've noticed that while my students do not all seem thrilled to learn about
Cavendish and the mass of the Earth, they do perk up at the idea that the
Earth's radius has been known since antiquity. So I decided to spend a
little more time on this. I wrote up what I did here:

http://wp.me/p4uvY7-ca

Feel free to share this with any geometry teachers you know. It would be
amazing if students had already done this before they took physics.

Phil