Re: [Phys-L] Phys-L: Updating the Archives

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 1:51 PM Richard Heckathorn <geepaw@wowway.com>
wrote:

I am not being allowed to access the archive site. It says sent me to the
fact that it may have been set up to steal my information. While I doubt
that, I still can’t access it. Thanks for all your doing to get it going.

The cause of this warning is the same as the one Brian Whatcott stated
earlier today. I had set the webserver to encrypt all communications
between a user's browser and itself by redirecting requests to use HTTPS
(HTTP Secure) instead of the unencrypted HTTP (Hyptertext Transport
Protocol). Since I have a self-signed public key certificate stating that
the server sending Phys-L pages to you is indeed Phys-L, the browsers have
no way to verify the certificate is legit, hence the warning.

I have now turned off this setting and will consider purchasing a
certificate signed by a trusted certificate authority so future traffic may
be encrypted without these warnings. For now, unless you specifically ask
the server to send you Phys-L pages using an encrypted channel, all traffic
between Phys-L and a user's browser will remain unencrypted.

Sincerely,
Mark Kimball, Administrator
Phys-L.org