Re: [Phys-L] how to make superheated water explosions

- So, what's going on in a microwave when one gets brilliant flashes inside
a plastic molasses bottle which has only a thin film of molasses inside and
which has a loose cap.
- Notably this commences as soon as the magnetron commences, which would be
about 3 seconds. Also the magnetron gets overloaded, and mine seemed to, so
I stopped the trials at less than 2 seconds.
- By the way, this has already made the rounds on TAP-L
Bill Norwood, U of MD at College Park.

On Dec 25, 2017 3:25 PM, "John Denker via Phys-l" <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org>