From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Kimball via Phys-l
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:12 AM
To: phys-l@phys-l.org
Cc: Mark Kimball <phydocmarko@gmail.com>
Subject: [Phys-L] Phys-L: Updating the Archives

Good Morning,

For quite some time I have not liked the way the archives are displayed on
mobile device. This wasn't a concern when Phys-L started in 1996 and a
small
concern when I took over the administration of the list in 2006.

However, here we are in 2017 (almost 2018!) and the use of mobile devices
is
ubiquitous. So, I've modify the code that generates the archives from the
original email mailboxes to flow better on smaller screens and also
highlight
quoted text more explicitly (think text from previous posts copied into a
reply message). I've also cleaned up the underlying HTML to make it valid
and
proper. At this point I'm looking for feedback on the display of the
archives
on smaller screens.

If you care to take a look, the "Beta" version of the updated archives may
be
found at the following URL.

http://www.phys-l.org/beta_archives/

This archive is not being updated in real-time when a post comes into the
system, like the official archives, but should be "good enough" to provide
feedback if you wish.

Sincerely,
Mark Kimball, Administrator
Phys-L.org