Re: [Phys-L] simultaneity at a distance; past and future; light cones

Executive summary: Any given point has a past light cone and a future
light cone. We can arrange events ``in chronological order'' if they
are separated by timelike or lightlike intervals ... but not if they
are separated by spacelike intervals.

Just now I put up a diagram and some discussion of this at:
https://www.av8n.com/physics/spacetime-welcome.htm#sec-past-future

Like so many things in special relativity, this is vastly easier to
understand if you look at the spacetime diagram.