From: Phys-l <phys-l-bounces@www.phys-l.org> on behalf of Bernard Cleyet <bernard@cleyet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:41 PM
To: Forum Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-L] forwarded from physlrnr list: Re: comparison of "frictionless" of air track and maglev

On 2016, Jun 21, , at 22:51, Zhang Family <ying123@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

Has anyone compared the "frictionless" of air track and maglev? It seems to us that even though an object is floating with maglev, it stops after traveling some distance. It seems that the magnetic force acts horizontally to stop the floating object (except in the super conductor case). Has anyone successfully created a "frictionless" maglev track with permanent magnets?

Thanks,

Weijia

bc