[Phys-L] GR waves

I found this interesting and thought you would too:
_www.astronomy.com/-/media/Files/PDF/Marketing/DIGASYPRM_GravWavesFIN.pdf_
(http://www.astronomy.com/-/media/Files/PDF/Marketing/DIGASYPRM_GravWavesFIN.
pdf)

Recent posts on waves generated by the LIGO results have attracted me to a
free e-book published by Astronomy Magazine available at the above link.
The e-book is 30 pages in length and is composed of lavishly illustrated
reprints from as far back as 1989 (but most are much more recent).
It is written for a general audience of people interested in astronomy and
the recent detection of waves. Nobody will gain a working knowledge of
General Relativity or gravitational waves in space-time but all (including
some members of this list serve) will gain much historical and background
information about the place of this research in the context of current work in
physics.
I have not carefully critiqued the e-book. There are a few typo type
errors (particularly with the wavelength x frequency = velocity relationship)
but in my mind none of the simplifications are over.
It will also help increase the support of the general electorate for basic
physics research.

Alex. F. Burr