Re: [Phys-L] Galileo was not a great scientist?

In a post about Galileo it was said

"I cannot tell how accurate this re-evaluation is"
I cannot tell either.

The history of science is replete with scientists who were over-
appreciated and under-appreciated, sometimes simultaneously. It really does not
matter much. The important thing is the ideas. If they meet the test of time,
use them.
Biography does help. It can inspire. It can help teach the ideas. It is
often interesting. It can alert us to societal ways which impede scientific
advancement. But the key is the idea, Use it.

In a message dated 4/5/2016 2:53:47 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
I cannot tell how accurate this re-evaluation is