Re: [Phys-L] data visualization; snowfall example; 3He example

On 2016, Jan 26, , at 14:19, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

I wouldn't even split it. The title of the diagram is
"Where Your Elements Came From" and for all practical
purposes all of "my" technetium is man-made. Similar
words apply to neptunium and plutonium, contrary to
what is shown in the diagram.
According to Wiki trace amounts are found w/ U.

They claim that it’s primordial.

However, I read in "Physics Today” long ago that a U supply from Africa was found to be partially depleted. Caveat emptor. The article suggest that henceforth buyers demand an isotopic analysis. The causal assumption is a natural nuclear fission due to an usually concentrated and extensive deposit. Such created Pu, yes?

bc