Re: [Phys-L] impacts

On 11/25/2016 07:47 PM, Anthony Lapinski wrote:

baseball on bat,

If I were doing it, I might contact the photographer of
one of the videos and beseech him for a clean copy.
https://www.uml.edu/Engineering/Mechanical/Staff/Drane-Patrick.aspx
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=%22patrick+drane%22
and/or
http://www.soraphotography.net/

If those guys don't have what you want, they ought to be
able to point you to somebody who does.

===============

Failing that, you can take the brute force approach,
perhaps starting here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFlEIybC7rU

They say it's 10,000 frames per second. With a little
effort you can probably count frames. Cross check against
plausible values of velocity.

That's guaranteed to be correct, since they might have
transcoded it for broadcast, so that the frame rate in
the original camera might not equal the frame rate over
the air, or on youtube.

There's also this:
http://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-4631723-stock-footage-baseball-player-hitting-ball-with-bat-shooting-with-high-speed-camera-phantom-flex.html