Re: [Phys-L] Phys-L: Recent Developments

On Nov 7, 2016, at 10:14 AM, Aburr@aol.com wrote:

Thank you for spending the time to keep the listserve running smoothly

Yes, and I think it was my failure to receive msgs. that prompted Mark’s work.

I had esosoft white list phys-l with this reply:

Hi Bernard,

I have whitelisted phys-l.org <http://phys-l.org/> so it will let future messages go through. However I checked the mail server log file from this morning and phys-l.org <http://phys-l.org/> was sending mail from an IP address 207.255.182.130. It's badly blacklisted all over the place. Especially from SpamHaus which is widely used. http://zy0.de/q/207.255.182.130 <http://zy0.de/q/207.255.182.130>. If you click on the multirbl link it will check various other blacklists and there are a lot of entries for this IP address. Also the sender base score is very low. I would seriously consider a different email provider because someone is not taking care of the spam originating from that network.

Hope this helps,

Robert
EsoSoft Service & Support

I and all of us thank Mark Kimball!