[Phys-L] What is the best value and uncertainty to assign to G?

Hi,

we have had a discussion on gravitational constant in the past ("New gravitational constant", starting from 22 Jan 2008). However, there is an interesting article in Physics Today on the quest for a better value of G: <http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday/article/67/7/10.1063/PT.3.2447>

"The search for Newton’s constant" By Clive Speake and Terry Quinn

Among other things, they write that "it appears that we know G to only three significant figures". Astonishing!

Regards,

Antti

Viesti on tarkastettu roskapostinsuodatus- ja virustorjuntaohjelmistolla.