From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Ekaterina Michonova-Alexova
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 3:10 PM
To: Phys-L@phys-l.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] A bomb without Einstein?

Fascinating details, Rick, thanks for sharing.

I just published a paper on this topic in the Asian Journal of Physics co-authored with two students majoring in physics as a part of their Physics Seminar requirement. The title is, "From the Dawn of Nuclear Physics to the First Atomic Bombs".

There are many other speculations related to the making of the atomic bombs, including on a possible work on atomic bomb project in Japan. It is sometimes difficult to distinguish speculations from scholar publications, but Alex Wellerstein is a reliable historian of science, even though not a physicist.

Here is a link to our paper posted on Research Gate:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ekaterina_Michonova/publications

Regards,

Ekaterina

--

E. Michonova-Alexova, PhD
Associate Professor of Physics & Astronomy Department of Chemistry and Physics Room 203 DMSC, Erskine College

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

- Carl Sagan