[Phys-L] scaling law for birthday puzzle

Scaling laws have been central to physics since Day One (1638)
and remain tremendously important. They tend to get little
coverage in typical courses nowadays, which seems crazy, since
they are easier to learn, easier to teach, more powerful, and
more age-appropriate than a lot of the stuff that is covered.

It pays to always be on the lookout for scaling relationships.
http://www.av8n.com/physics/scaling.htm