Re: [Phys-L] New Mazur Group Publication

On 2014, May 31, , at 12:36, Eric Mazur <noreply@seas.harvard.edu> wrote:

I am writing to let you know that a new publication by my group on education,
entitled "Two steps forward, one step back", has appeared in print. You can
download a reprint of the publication using the following link, which will
remain valid for a period of two weeks:

……………..

The abstract of the paper is appended below. Please do not forward or post the
file. If you know of others who might be interested in this information, please
forward the following link to them:

http://mazur.harvard.edu/publications.php?function=display&rowid=730

Thank you for your continued interest in our work,

……………………………………

Two steps forward, one step back
Nathaniel Lasry, Jonathan Guillemette, and Eric Mazur
Nature Physics, 10, 402-403 (2014).

Abstract:

Among physics students there exists a wide variety of misconceptions, generally
thought to be robust and resistant to change. But our analysis of the path of
progress has changed our conception of how students learn physics.

Note: You received this email because your e-mail address was entered on our web
site (http://mazur.harvard.edu). If you did not personally enter your e-mail
address and you believe you received this e-mail in error, please let us know so
we can prevent further abuse.

To view or modify your notification settings (or to stop them altogether),
please use the following link:

bc