Re: [Phys-L] Lower limit for a slit width?

Quote: " we do not see much of a diffraction pattern with a very narrow single slit, because there are no minima on the screen in this case"

Question: Is this simply because, using Hyugen's Principle, we've approached such a narrow opening that we don't have multiple point sources traveling through the opening to interfere with each other?

Paul Lulai
Physics and Chemistry Teacher
St Anthony Village Senior High