[Phys-L] Mazur's Textbook

Dear All,

Eric Mazur has come out with an introductory physics text, "Principles and
Practice of Physics" and I was curious if anyone took a look at it and had
any impressions of it.

In particular, if one wanted to do an introductory physics class at the
university level with a flipped format (though I have to tell you the class
is about 500 students in size and held in a theatre as there are no class
rooms large enough at NYU) would a choice of textbook such as this have a
potential impact?

Many thanks,

Andre Adler
Department of Physics