Re: [Phys-L] I need big numbers crunching

On 03/22/2014 09:16 AM, Roberto Carabajal wrote:
Please, can you recommend a programming languaje implementation such can
deal with arbitrary real numbers length (no Maple nor Mathematica) in a
simple way (native) ?

You will get better answers if you ask more specific questions.
-- What problem are you trying to solve?
-- What's wrong with Maple and Mathematica?

If you want something that's free, you can use Maxima. It's
similar (albeit not quite identical) to Macsyma. It's included
in typical Linux distributions. I've used it a fair bit.

If you want a /compiled/ language, you can use C++ and GMP ...
the Gnu Multi Precision library.

There are other options as well. Google for "bignum".