Re: [Phys-L] creativity / curiosity / questions in class

Physicists should love either the sig figs method or propagation of
error. I have students coming to my class saying that they were taught
to report all answers to 3 sig digits.

One interesting and eye-opening discussion I have with students is
when I ask them how many significant digits are in the value 0 °C.

Dr. Roy Jensen
Lecturer, Chemistry
E5-33F, University of Alberta
780.248.1808