Re: [Phys-L] [SPAM] Re: abstractions

Interesting. This has been my experience at four schools I've taught at.
Kids are curious in middle school, but that all changes in high school.
Part of
it is peer pressure. Kids don't ask questions for fear they will appear
"dumb"
in front of their classmates. Such a shame. They are also focused on grades
over learning so they can get into a good college. Also, HS physics is not
MS science, and learning requires mental effort. And with all the
technology
and today's distractions, it has only gotten worse.