Re: [Phys-L] Another Fluid/Density 'Problem'

On 1/30/2014 9:06 AM, Chuck Britton wrote:
‘Fraid not.
The actual mass of the column goes up because a good bit of the cream has been moved aside.

On Jan 29, 2014, at 9:51 PM, John Clement <clement@hal-pc.org> wrote:

How do you define average density?
If it is the total mass/total volume then it stays the same.
_
Nothing more fun than seeing others drop their foot in a puddle, as I so often do.
I think of it as a necessary refresher in humility, without which people would get a totally exaggerated sense of my intellect.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK