Re: [Phys-L] weather, school, and cars

On 2014, Jan 28, , at 20:03, John Clement <clement@hal-pc.org> wrote:

In addition the
overpasses on the highways could ice.

In California the Dept. of Transportation, for the benefit of the non physicists, have posted signs before bridges warning they may ice. I hadta explain to Gate Keeper (K, 1st, and 3rd teacher) why.

Now I’ll chime in the announcement: For the last few weeks during many days, for comfort, I run the Prius’ air chiller. It is quite uncomfortable w. the bright sun and the out side temp in the low seventies. (Tho the display is in French and Spanish, the temp is in F.)

Of course, we have the opposite prob. to many, the worst drought in CA recorded history. Our two lakes water supply hold three years supply. If no rain they run out by the end of the year.

bc angry the bird s*** attracting decretive plum (courtesy of the city) has flowered a month early before he could heavily prune it.

One of our fruit trees requires a few dozen hours of low temp for fruiting (forget which, the pear or peach, apples and fig no prob.). Unlikely this year. Of course the plum will fruit (not supposed to), we like the birds, just not congregating over the front walk.