Re: [Phys-L] book versus video versus lecture versus tutoring

On 2014, Jan 23, , at 15:18, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

Note that you can pause a video, pause a tutoring session,
and bookmark a book. In contrast, it is hard to pause a
lecture to a large audience, because the appropriate
length of pause varies so widely from person to person.

Is this one of the reasons small classes are claimed so superior?

bc wonders about the other reasons.

p.s. being able to repeat (go back) is even more important; available to a small class and videos individually and in a small class.

p.p.s. Being hearing and intelligence challenged I record TV programs (mainly mysteries) so I can “go back”. The science shows are so simple I don’t need to.