[Phys-L] Dr. Mann climate scientist and the Union of concerned Scientists is pitching for money

Is it etiquettal to post pitches such as the below?

I’ve deleted the pitch; the intro is below:

The Virginia Supreme court just agreed to hear a disturbing case. The question: whether to hand over the private emails of climate scientist Dr. Michael Mann to people who have been trying to destroy him professionally for a decade—all because they disagree with his research.1

When Dr. Mann's scientific findings angered the oil industry, an industry "think tank" sued for access to Dr. Mann's private correspondence.2 Another "think tank" compared him to a convicted child molester.3 His research has been twisted again and again by the media.

Researchers are often ill-equipped to deal with media or politicians. That's where we come in—to help them defend their science in the court of public opinion. Thanks to you, UCS is the first place many scientists turn when they're targeted.

bc thought he was neologizing.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2013/10/09/prince-william-foia-case-on-global-warming-headed-for-virginia-supreme-court/
2. http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/abuses_of_science/va-ag-timeline.html