Re: [Phys-L] abstract algebra and physics?

At the risk of repeating others: Applications of geometric algebra to almost all branches of physics are what springs to my mind, particularly in theoretical particle physics and General Relativity and Mechanics

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of David Ward
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:34 AM
To: phys-l@phys-l.org
Subject: [Phys-L] abstract algebra and physics?

Dear Colleagues:

A math/physics double major just asked me about areas of physics research involving abstract algebra. (He's torn between grad school in physics vs mathematics, and he enjoys mathematics and mathematical proof very much).

I am just coming up blank. Do any of you know of an area of research and/or a physics graduate program that offers an opportunity to employ and study abstract algebra? Do you have any recommendations?

Have a great day!

david

Dr. David Ward
Dept. of Physics, UNU 3022