Re: [Phys-L] just for fun?

One could compare the cost of the Iraq wars** and mitigating AGCC.

bc thinks some mitigations will quickly reduce cost, e.g. LED lighting.

p.s. of course “in the long run” all mitigations will reduce cost, if the doomsday scenarios are true.

**Bad as Saddam was, some Iraqis, so I’ve read, wish he were still there. The repercussions, I suspect, will continue for a coupala more decades. Recall the results of driving out the Soviets in Afghanistan, and overthrowing that democratically elected prez of Iran. The Soviets completed their withdrawal early ’89 Now about 25 years later the US is still fighting the Mujahideen that they created. Is Syria next?