[Phys-L] Bernoulli's equation

I was trying to find some practical/relevant problems involving Bern eqn,
rather than the typical "plug and chug" problems, where the gauge pressure
and speed are given in one location and the task is to find the pressure
elsewhere if the speed (or height) is known. Anyone know of some good web
resources for these?

While I was searching, I came across this:

francesa.phy.cmich.edu/people/andy/physics110/book/Chapters/Chapter9.htm

On the final page there are ten problems. Here are the last two:

9. The luge is a small sled in which the racer lies on his back and rides
down the course feet first. This is a very dangerous sport and
participants always wear helmets. In 1983 the East German luge team
introduced helmets which were cone shaped. Honestly, it looked like they
had just stepped off the set of “Saturday Night Live.”  What
competitive advantage would these helmet give a luge racer?

10. These helmets were quickly outlawed because they were considered as
dangerous as no helmet at all. Why were these helmets considered to be so
dangerous?

Never heard of these helmets before, so I searched and saw some photos
(and found that the year was actually 1976). They really did exist! I was
just a young kid back then. Does anyone remember these controversial
helmets? Were they so aerodynamic that the riders went too fast (how
fast?), which cause accidents?