Re: [Phys-L] How to deal with climate change?

On 2014, Oct 13, , at 10:16, Savinainen Antti <antti.savinainen@kuopio.fi> wrote:

Hi,

I have learnt a great deal from reading the responses regarding the "Climate science is not settled" (many thanks especially to John D. for his thorough analysis).

This conclusion is "extremely solid scientifically because it comes from multiple independent lines of evidence". He then goes on to discussing various ways to deal with climate change:
<http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday/article/67/10/10.1063/PT.3.2548>

The paper seems to be freely available, at least for now.

Not much new, but well summarized, in SA’s linked article. What is disturbing are the comments. I fear they’ll continue until the writers have either been flooded out, starved, or carried away by hurricanes and twisters.

bc especially appreciated the analysis of externality, and methods to accommodate. [The Tragedy of the Commons]

RE: Extreme Weather:

Explaining Extreme Events of 2013 from a Climate Perspective - American Meteorological Society

http://www2.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/publications/bulletin-of-the-american-meteorological-society-bams/explaining-extreme-events-of-2013-from-a-climate-perspective/