Re: [Phys-L] problems with the teaching of algebra

On 2014, Oct 11, , at 17:26, Ze'ev Wurman <zeev@ieee.org> wrote:

I think bc is somewhat wrong here.

CBEST is needed for elementary teachers and it does NOT require algebra. None of the examples at the link requires algebra either.

Aaaagh!

You’re correct, however, this practice exam. includes one, I think — at least I used algebra , #22

‎www.ctcexams.nesinc.com/pdf/cbest_opt_math.pdf

http://www.ctcexams.nesinc.com/pdf/cbest_opt_math.pdf

bc thinks: perhaps the “test" expects one to "reverse engineer” instead of using a variable.