[Phys-L] leaking Cs-Ba generator

Is anyone else having a problem with their Cs-Ba elution generator [from Spectrum Techniques in Oak Ridge ... they are the main supplier for all the equipment houses] developing a leak around the outside collar, and having the collar slip? This is the 2nd generator that has done this. I think it is a glue problem. The 30-yr Cs is beginning to escape, and that's a problem. I would hate for these things to have to go away because of a poor design. It's the only license-exempt generator that I can find.

If you have experienced leaking, please write Spectrum Techniques and let them know. They have told some people that it is related to improper elutant, but I have used ONLY the elutant they provided in the kit.