[Phys-L] refereeing

Suppose you worked in a large research group. Suppose a subset of members of the group (not including you) wrote a paper. Suppose the journal asked you to review the paper (with no mention in the request acknowledging they want your opinion even though you're part of the research group). Suppose it might not be casually obvious you're part of the group because you have a different address. Suppose other members of the group found out you were sent the paper to review (because you foolishly let it slip out). What would you do? -Carl

(And yes, I'll keep my big mouth shut next time.)
--
Carl E Mungan, Assoc Prof of Physics 410-293-6680 (O) -3729 (F)
Naval Academy Stop 9c, 572C Holloway Rd, Annapolis MD 21402-1363