From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of
Folkerts, Timothy J
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 10:46 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: [Phys-L] Sunlight Brighter Than The Sun???

Here is a link to Nature that seems to claim to be able to
focus sunlight on the earth *even* *brighter* than the
sunlight leaving the sun (72 MW/m^2 vs 64 MW/m^2. This would
seem to me to be a violation of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

It comes from the University of Chicago, which is is pretty
reputable place. Any thoughts?

http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1038/346802a0?locale=en