[Phys-L] A Global Tribute to Al Bartlett

Some subscribers to Phys-L might be interested in a recent post "A Global Tribute to Al Bartlett" [Hake (2013)]. The abstract reads:

ABSTRACT: On 23 July 2013 Al Bartlett, in a post "My Cancer," to the discussion list Physoc wrote that his non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, previously dormant, has returned such that doctors had given him "30 days, plus or minus."

A discussion list subscriber "S" suggested to me that:

(a) as a global tribute to Bartlett, people be invited to view his famous 8 part You Tube lecture series "Arithmetic, Population, and Energy" at <http://bit.ly/1e6wXiy> (aptly tabbed "The Most Important Video You'll Ever See"; and

(b) the goal should be to increase the total number of views for the series from its present 9.19 million to at least 10 million.

For information on Al Bartlett and his work see (a) Bartlett's website <http://www.AlBartlett.ORG/> with its extensive collection of his articles, presentations, and interviews; and (b) the Wikipedia entry <http://bit.ly/19jfGEU>.

Congratulations to Al Bartlett for his indefatigable concentration on human overpopulation <http://bit.ly/193LdIx>, the overriding threat to life on Planet Earth.

I hope that many of you will now click on <http://bit.ly/1e6wXiy> so at to view Part 1 of Al's masterful explanation of exponential growth.

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON.

To access the complete 6 kB post please click on <http://yhoo.it/15N8pfj>.

Links to Articles: <http://bit.ly/a6M5y0>
Twitter: <http://bit.ly/juvd52

"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand
the exponential function."
- Al Bartlett

REFERENCES [URL's shortened by <http://bit.ly/> and accessed on 07 August 2013.]
Hake, R.R. 2013. "A Global Tribute to Al Bartlett " online on the OPEN! Net-Gold archives at <http://yhoo.it/15N8pfj>. Post of 07 Aug 2013 13:34:10-0700 to AERA-L and Net-Gold. The abstract and link to the complete post are being distributed to various discussion lists and are on my blog "Hake'sEdStuff" at <http://bit.ly/14zg5m7> with a provision for comment.