Re: [Phys-L] The Make-Believe World of Real-World Physics

On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:00 PM, Philip Keller wrote:

Of course, I may be mis-remembering, but the year I used Hewitt, I felt
that I was frequently answering questions by saying, "Well, there's more to
it..." and then back-filling with the more mathematical explanation. And
BTW, I agree with CO who posted that the math is part of the fun.

The math may be the "fun" to those who "get" the math. But to what seems like the majority of students who HATE math, the math is why they hate science in the first place.