Re: [Phys-L] [chemed-l] Economist Hirschman's Argument Against Private Schools and Vouchers

I was asked for the full distribution:
A+: 4 %
A, A-: 17
B+, B: 26
B-, C+: 25
C, C-: 15
D+, D: 7
F: 6

GPA scale: 0(F) ... 4 (A, A+)
2.7 is a B-
2.3 is a C+

Dr. Roy Jensen
(==========)-----------------------------------------¤
Faculty Lecturer, Chemistry
E5-33A, University of Alberta
780.248.1808

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:44:40 -0600, you wrote:

The UofA implemented mandatory grade curves in ~2008 to
address/prevent grade inflation. First-year courses expect 4 % to
receive an A+, 17 % to receive an A or A-, 7 % of students receive a D
or D+, and 6 % receive an F. The average GPA should be 2.6.

I emphasize to students that those who receive an A+ EARN THAT GRADE
and it MEANS SOMETHING. I somewhat emphasize that those who receive an
F earn that grade as well.

Dr. Roy Jensen