Re: [Phys-L] bike wheel handles

On 2013, May 26, , at 09:28, Dan Beeker <debeeker@comcast.net> wrote:

Consider your audience. For those with short arms I find the smaller 20" wheels work much better. Avoids chaffing of the chin with the tire. If you get good bearings so the wheel turns smoothly I find the gyro effect is very noticeable. A weighted wheel would help but is not really necessary.

Dan

One uses these on a piano stool, no?

bc back in Palo Alto (ca. 1947 recreation center) at a telescope / science exhibition saw this w/ an unintelligible explanation -- also skater's demo. -- conservation of angular momentum; what's that? [remembers a motor driven polisher]