Re: [Phys-L] Sea Level Trends

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 02:08:54PM -0500, David Marx wrote:
What is most curious is the trend at higher latitudes (including
Southern Alaska and Northern Europe), where sea levels have a
negative trend of -3 to -5 feet / century.

I'm not a geologist, but my initial though was that this was probably
isostatic rebound [1]. Taking a look at the Kodiak Island data [2],
you can see that there was a rediculous change after he 1964
earthquake [3], but before that shift thinks looked pretty flat (for
~15 years). So I have no idea what's going on ;). Interesting though
:).

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound