Re: [Phys-L] Techn-ology versus button-ology

On 2013, Apr 09, , at 16:34, John Clement <clement@hal-pc.org> wrote:

I don't think we really know the effect on students. We do know that
overall thinking skills have gone down about 2 years according to testing by
Michael Shayer. But this can be due to a variety of factors.

Too soon to tell -- iPad, etc. are only, what? … three years old.

I haven't finished reading "THE TOUCH-SCREEN GENERATION" What's this technology doing to toddlers' brains?

Current ATLANTIC

The Touch-Screen Generation - Hanna Rosin - The Atlantic

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/04/the-touch-screen-generation/309250/

bc bina computer nerd since about 1961.