Re: [Phys-L] amusing electrostatics exercise

Sorry! I must apologize profusely, especially as I have railed against using a thread for a new subject even tho the subject line has been changed. In this case I thought the new subject belonged in the same conversation (OS 10.8 now calls threads conversations), as being related.

bc hangs head in shame.

p.s. My prob. was to verify the linear superposition of the mag fields and therefore a spherical cow problem -- I though the specification of infinite length would assure that considered an idealization.