Re: [Phys-L] [Wikimedia Foundation] ♥ Valentine Video from Wikipedia ♥ (ticket #29035)

Here's the reply.

bc thinks some editorial oversight would be "good".

On 2013, Feb 25, , at 16:30, Wikimedia Foundation <fundraising@wikimedia.org> wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Josh VanDavier, Feb 25 04:30 pm (PST):
Hi Bernard,

Thanks for this feedback as well!

It should be noted, however, that the Wikimedia Foundation does not actually manage or contribute to the editorial content of Wikipedia or our other projects. We are here primarily to provide infrastructure and support the tens of thousands of volunteers around the world who edit and contribute everyday. Wikipedia relies on the good will and hard work of thousands of volunteer editors. Although we always have some visitors who insert faulty information, we find that the balance is positive and that more people fix problems than introduce them.

If you need help with an edit or have more questions about specific articles in the physics realm, you'd want to email info@wikimedia.org. This email address is answered by longtime project volunteers, and they can help with your question.

Thanks again for your support!

Best,
Josh

Joshua VanDavier