From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Don
Mathieson
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 10:14 AM
To: 'Phys-L@Phys-L.org'
Subject: [Phys-L] Medical Physics texts.

We are in the process of setting up a joint degree with the local State
Technical school. One of the programs involved is a nursing program. The
want a physics course on "acoustics" If I understand their request correctly
what they want is to go into medical imaging with emphasis on sonar imaging.
(the request was filtered through two administrators and a committee none
of whom know much about physics so it is a bit fuzzy) Does anyone have any
recommendations for texts, supplemental material etc for a Medical Physics
course that "does not just emphasize joints etc." ?

Don Mathieson
Tulsa Community College
918.595.7485