From: Phys-l [phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] on behalf of John Denker [jsd@av8n.com]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 4:25 AM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] Economist Kern Alexander Explains the Problem with School Choice

---------------- Snip

So, we are in agreement then. The people who attend these schools are
the ones who didn't really get a choice. This is what "school choice"
all-too-often means in practice: some people get a choice and some don't.

People who are accustomed to getting the lion's share think
this setup is grrrreat.

Details matter. Please let's stop making policy based on abstract
theories of what "should" happen in an "efficient market" and instead
look at what is really happening.