Re: [Phys-L] electronic devices on planes?

The following is a link to a New York times article about using electronic devices on planes (ereaders, phones, etc.). They point out that pilots now use iPads instead of paper flight manuals and this doesn't seem to cause a problem.

I don't understand why this isn't settled by knowing what frequencies are being used by the plane instruments and the devices. Doesn't the FCC know the frequency bands in question? Do they overlap? I would not think so (it is the FCC's job to divvy up the spectra so there is not interference).

http://nyti.ms/TqUxzY<http://p.nytimes.com/email/re?location=InCMR7g4BCLYd6XQPeTeK/7pc2TahmQx&user_id=bdb0c35f5f1d6a455a8e0bd5f0ea943b&email_type=eta&task_id=1357232882921939>

kyle

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
- John Kenneth Galbraith

kyle forinash
kforinas@ius.edu<mailto:kforinas@ius.edu>
http://homepages.ius.edu/kforinas